Name Raith Zeher Abid
Email Address email@example.com
Fields of Interest: Applied linguistics, corpus linguistics, critical discourse analysis
2013-2015 Ph.D. Applied Linguistics, Universiti Sains Malaysia
2011-2012 M.Sc. Linguistics and English Language Studies (3.75 CGPA), Universiti Sains Malaysia
2008-2011 B.Sc. English Language and Literature Studies (3.57 CGPA), Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Abid, R.Z. & Al Khazraji, N.H.F. (2018). A Proposed Holistic Approach to the Critical Analysis of Online News Reports. International Journal of English Linguistics.
- Abid, R.Z., Abdul Manan, S., and Abdulrahman, Z.A. (2017). ‘A flood of Syrians has slowed to a trickle’: The use of metaphors in the representation of Syrian refugees in the online media news reports of host and non-host countries. Discourse and Communication.
- Abid, R.Z. & Al Khazraji, N.H.F. (2017). Semantic Prosodies and Frame Semantics in Media Discourse: A Case Study of the Ubiquitous Mayhem in the Iraqi City of Kirkuk. English Language and Literature Studies.
- Abid, R.Z. and Abdul Manan, S. (2016). Constructing the “self” and the “other” in Bush’s political discourse before and after the Iraq war (2002-2008): A corpus-based critical discourse analysis. Journal of Language and Politics.
- Abid, R.Z. and Abdul Manan, S. (2015). Integrating corpus linguistics in critical literacy pedagogy: A case study of Lance Armstrong’s transformation from a titleholder to a fraud. 3rd International Conference on Linguistics, Literature and Culture. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Abdul Amir, Z. and Abid, R.Z. (2015). Utilization of request mitigators by Omani learners of English and native speakers: A comparative study. International Journal of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Abdul Amir, Z. and Abid, R.Z. (2014). Rarity or non-existence of phrasal verbs in the written discourse of Omani student-teachers of English. Sage Open.
- Abid, R.Z., Abdul Manan, S. and Abdul Amir, Z. (2013). “Those nation wreckers are suffering from inferiority complex”: The depiction of Chinese miners in the Ghanaian press. International Journal of Society, Culture & Language.